Rain Screen wall systems are being specified more regularly because they help control moisture in exterior walls, reducing potential for water damage. Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing has introduced CCW 705 RS – a robust, UV resistant engineered cladding designed for use as a blackout membrane behind open-joint rain screen claddings. CCW 705 RS also protects the insulation in a rain screen system from rain water and wind washing. 705 RS is mechanically attached and neighboring pieces are shingle lapped.
Features & Benefits:
- Imprint maintains black backdrop look, while facilitating product identification and proper installation. Imprint is not apparent once rain screen cladding is installed.
- Contributes to functionality and durability of rain screen wall assemblies.
- No weather restrictions for installation.
- Highly Vapor – Permeable, allowing underlying materials to dry through.
- Fire tested and can be used in many NFPA 285 wall assemblies.
If you have any questions about the benefits of CCW 705 RS or would like to set up a presentation/Lunch & Learn, please contact your Luna & Associates Representative.
Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing is excited to announce that its R2+ SHEATHE has undergone improvements. R2+ SHEATHE is a rigid foam insulating sheathing board designed for use in commercial construction wall applications to provide continuous, high R-value insulation. The facers of the R2+ SHEATHE are now glass-backed reinforced aluminum foil. R2+ SHEATHE can be installed directly over steel or fire-treated wood studs in many NFPA 285 wall assemblies. R2+ SHEATHE also passes NFPA 286 testing for exposed interior use. Depending on the wall assembly desired R2+ SHEATHE can be secured in place with Fasteners, adhesives, or a combination of both. Features of the new R2+ SHEATHE include:
- R-Value of 6.3 per inch
- 17-mil thickness glass-backed, reinforced aluminum foil composite
- Impact Resistant facer of 40 lbs. ASTM D 1037
- Compression Strength of 25 PSI
- Passes NFPA 285 in many wall assemblies
- Passes NFPA 286 for exposed interior insulation(when aesthetics are not needed)
As always, if you have any questions or you would like to discuss a project where Carlisle Syntec Or Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing may help determine your specification approach, please contact your local Luna & Associates Representative to discuss in further detail.
Polyiso, a rigid foam insulation, is used in over 70% of commercial roof construction, commercial sidewall construction and in residential construction. However, not all foam plastic insulating sheathing materials have equal fire performance properties and capabilities. In addition, polyisocyanurate has a better R-value per inch, up to 6.5 per inch, than any other foam plastic in the market today.
||Behind masonry and stone veneer claddings
||Behind metal composite and architectural metal claddings
||25 PSI direct installation over open steel studs
||Fasten metal, metal composite, stucco, cultured stone and fiber cement siding to the plywood base.
R2+ provides continuous Insulation for wall applications. As you can see from the picture on the left, thermal bridging can cause ill effects on wall construction when continuous insulation is not used. R2+ provides:
Tested and approved for NFPA-285
As always, please contact your local Carlisle Rep for additional information and samples on R2+ Wall Insulation.