Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing is excited to announce that its R2+ SHEATHE has undergone improvements. R2+ SHEATHE is a rigid foam insulating sheathing board designed for use in commercial construction wall applications to provide continuous, high R-value insulation. The facers of the R2+ SHEATHE are now glass-backed reinforced aluminum foil. R2+ SHEATHE can be installed directly over steel or fire-treated wood studs in many NFPA 285 wall assemblies. R2+ SHEATHE also passes NFPA 286 testing for exposed interior use. Depending on the wall assembly desired R2+ SHEATHE can be secured in place with Fasteners, adhesives, or a combination of both. Features of the new R2+ SHEATHE include:
- R-Value of 6.3 per inch
- 17-mil thickness glass-backed, reinforced aluminum foil composite
- Impact Resistant facer of 40 lbs. ASTM D 1037
- Compression Strength of 25 PSI
- Passes NFPA 285 in many wall assemblies
- Passes NFPA 286 for exposed interior insulation(when aesthetics are not needed)
As always, if you have any questions or you would like to discuss a project where Carlisle Syntec Or Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing may help determine your specification approach, please contact your local Luna & Associates Representative to discuss in further detail.