Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing recently introduced Barribond sealant for use with all CCW Air Barrier products. Depending on construction progression, this innovative product can be applied over or under all CCW Sheet Applied and Liquid Applied Air Barrier products. BarriBond may also be used as a termination mastic over CCW Self-Adhered Sheet Flashing Membranes.
BarriBond is a high-solids, silane-terminated polyether (STPE) based compound designed for detailing rough openings, penetrations, sheathing joints, countersunk screws, transitions, angle changes, and other critical details encountered in air barrier systems.
Features and Benefits of BarriBond include the following:
- Provides a simple system warranted by 1 manufacturer
- A complete installation option only requires 2 products (CCW Liquid Applied Air Barrier and BarriBond)
- Offered in a signature blue color for easy identification in warranted CCW Air Barrier Systems
- Convenient use of the 20 fl-oz. sausage pack allows for longer shelf life, easy extrusion, and minimal waste
- No slumping or dripping, and easy to trowel to provide a smooth finish
- 1-coat application capable of filling cracks and gaps us to 1” wide with virtually no shrinkage after cure
- Product flexibility and elasticity forms a tough and seamless coating at critical details
- Rapid cure time resists rain within minutes of application, and is resistant to standing water after cure
- Compatible with many common construction materials including plywood, OSB, fire-treated wood, pressure-treated wood, concrete, CMU, glass-mat faced gypsum sheathing, aluminum, copper, and PVC extrusion/pipe. Also compatible with rigid foam insulation products including XPS, EPS, and R2+ Polyiso
- Low-VOC, and Low Odor
- No Shrinkage or Staining
- Resistant to Organic Growth
As always, if you have any questions or you would like to discuss a project where RoofSense may help determine your specification approach, please contact your local Luna & Associates sales representative to discuss in further detail.