It is becoming common practice for building owners to request their new white TPO roof be cleaned before they pay for it. Today, roof cleaning is actually included in some specifications to assure building owners a truly white roof after installation.
As we all know, this is a very challenging task while many other trades continue to get their part of the project complete. This protective film guards the surface from scuffs and dirt that accumulate during and after installation due to construction traffic.
Carlisle is now offering a cool gray “APEEL” protective film on .060 gauge, White TPO sheet good. This protective film will stay in place, for up to 90 days, until it is ready to be taken off. The cool grey color also reduces glare that can make white TPO challenging to install on a sunny day. TPO membrane can also become slippery when wet, especially in the morning when dew is present, but APEEL’S grey color helps moisture dry faster, thus providing a dry surface more quickly.
Some features and benefits of Carlisle’s TPO “APEEL”:
- Tough protective film helps prevent scuffs and scratches on TPO membrane during the construction process
- Eliminates the need to clean the roof after installation
- Durable heat- and UV-resistant film will not splinter during removal
- Perfect adhesion level keeps the film in place until you remove it (can be left in place for 90 days)
- The film is easily removed by one person due to its manageable 5-foot-wide size
- The gray color helps the surface dry quickly and cuts down on glare during construction
- Improves long-term reflectivity, increasing energy efficiency and helping to reduce cooling costs
- Time and labor savings
- Non “APEEL” rolls are still available
For samples, literature, or more information on “APEEL”, please contact your local Carlisle rep if you have any questions or would like to discuss in further detail.