NON HALOGENATED FLAME RETARDANT POLYISO INSULATION
Polyisocyanurate insualtion is the most commonly used component of the commercial roofing industry. Over the years technological advances have brought an evolution of this product in both the internal foam and external facer to increase its performance characteristics. One of those key performance characteristics is flame resistance. Historically these characteritics have been achieved using halogenated flame retardants.
Carlisle SynTec has introduced a new member into its insulation product offerings called Insulbase NH and Securshield NH. These products offer the ability to meet the same performance characteristics of existing polyiso products, but contain no halogenated flame retardants. This change offers a variety of additional benefits over the existing standard Insulbase and Securshield products from Carlisle SynTec. Those benefits include:
- Living Building Challenge “Red List Free” with Declare label and product database listing
- Zero halogenated flame retardants
- Can contribute toward LEED® v4 credit requirements
- Living Building Challenge compatible
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) VOC emissions compliant
- Same performance characteristics as standard InsulBase and SecurShield polyiso products
InsulBase NH and SecurShield NH are made-to-order products; upcharges, lead times, and minimum order quantities will apply. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact your Luna & Associates Representative.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact your local Carlisle rep to discuss in further detail.